♥♥ When two Cultures mixed (。◕‿◕。) Everything in my Page are only simple thing, but I did it with great love.

Kue Kering PUTRI SALJU I / Snow White Cookies I

Selam everybody...Merhaba from Turkey...

Kue kering Putri Salju literally means Whi

te Snow cookies in Indonesian language. Well, I guess you already notice why it call White snow cookies right? @(^,^)@.
 It's very popular among Indonesian especially in some Holiday occasion (Idul Fitri and Christmas) beside Kaastengels, Nastar, pastel mini , Semprit susu (spritz cookies) and other traditional Indonesian Cookies.


Yield about 700 gr (125~140 cookies)
Ingredients: 
  • 150 g butter, soften at room temperature
  • 100 gr margarine, soften at room temperature
  • 1 cup (150 gr) powdered sugar
  • 2 medium egg yolks
  • 1 cup (100 gr) roasted peanuts / almonds / cashew nut meal
  • 2 ¾ cup (350 gr) low-protein flour
  • 2 tablespoons (15 gr) powdered milk
  • 2 tablespoons (20 gr) cornstarch
  • Enough icing sugar for sprinkling/cookies topping.

How to make:

1) Beat margarine, butter, and powdered sugar until blended. Whisk in egg yolks, beat until creamy (about 3 ~ 5 minutes). Combine peanut/almond/cashew nut meal, stirring with a spatula or wooden spoon.


2) Combine flour, powdered milk and cornstarch, mix until blended. Place the dough on wide plastic sheet (or baking paper) , lay other plastic sheet on top of it to prevent the dough stick to the rolling pin. Then roll with rolling pin approximately 5 ~ 7 mm thick. Cut with cookie cutter (or manual) and form them as crescent shape.
3) Preheat oven at 160⁰C , bake cookies until done and slightly brown on both surfaces (approximately 20 minutes). Remove from the oven and let a few minutes until slightly warm, then put them in plastic bag with powdered sugar and shake together to make all cookies covered by powdered sugar .


Arrange them in airtight jar. You may sprinkle them again with powdered sugar on each layer in jars.


Enjoy.


Follow me at Instagram; @citra_homediary
If you making this recipe, please let me know. 
Use hashtag #citrashomediary_recipe and tag me 😊 Send me some 💚




You can see my other Putri SaljuII cookie recipe here



===================================================================================

Check my other yummy recipes:


Semprit susu / Condensed Milk Spritz Cookies (eggless)

Broken Heart Cookies (eggless)


Black Nastar / Brown Pineapple bite 



Kaastengel II / Cheesy cookies




loading...

10 comments:

  1. My favorite cookies,I use to help " ibu ku " to make these cookies :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, how gorgeous! I make a similar cookie with pecans, but yours are much prettier :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. There is an Italian version of this cookie that is very similar to the recipe you posted here (though, I can't remember what they are called at the moment), but they are really delicious! Your cookies look wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My mom used to make something similar to these at Christmas. They're called Khurabia and only have 3 ingredients. These, having the flavor of peanuts infused with them sound like they'd be fantstic.

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Asian-spice mix I believe making Kue kering will bring such a sweet memories when we were child ya Ridwan... Buatan Ibu still the best isn't it? :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. @The Mom Chef Cookies in Turkish language call Kurabiye... almost same ya.. I wanna try some your khurabiya recipe.. will check your page now.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Citra! Selamat Idul Fitri to you again :D This is such an appropriate cookie for the season ... crescent moons. Very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm glad u post the recipe citra!!
    I love this cookies so much after the kastangel of coz... hehe he
    I always makes this ones with almond
    Tq for sharing the recipe with us my dear, now I have another variety of putri salju cookies to makes at x'mas! :)
    *hugss*

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for sharing this recipe. I love cookies, so I have to try this.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous cookies! They remind me of the ones here, and I love them. Thanks for participating in September's YBR :) Sorry I'm so late in getting here.

    ReplyDelete

Loving my blog? Please help me to share to your friends and tell to the world that my blog contents are valuable and interesting to visit. Subscribe or follow my Facebook, Tweeter, Pinterest or my instagram

My License

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 United States License. www.myhomediaryinturkey.blogspot.com

Copyright

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected